Thursday, March 11, 2010

Favorite Auntie!!

Over the past 4 years, whenever my niece Lauryn would come and visit I would ask her, "Who's your favorite Auntie?" and when she didn't respond...I would reply, "Nikki!". Eventually, as she got older (she is now 4) she would shout out "Nikki!" without prompting! Then, we started adding, "Who's your favorite, Uncle/Cousins?"...you get the idea! Now, Lauryn actually has a little song she sings with these phrases! Obviously, she has some really good Auntie's besides myself, but I am the lucky one as they live over the hill from us and I get to see my nieces often!

Anyways, Lauryn had called the other night asking me if she could ride with us to piano lessons this week and watch Jory and Jade during their lesson. So, yesterday afternoon I stopped at daycare to pick up Lauryn to take her with and her sister, Karsyn (2) woke up from a nap and wanted to go with me too. However, knowing that a two-year old would get bored sitting in a vehicle for 1 1/2 hours waiting for lessons I thought I better leave her at daycare! Before I got out the door, Karsyn was sobbing, because she wanted to go with "Keke" (aka Nikki)...Lauryn and I slipped out the door with my heart breaking! I was pretty sure I wasn't Karsyn's Favorite Auntie Today!! So, after piano lessons and we returned to Binford, I redeemed myself and stopped by daycare and picked her up too and brought her home to play as well!

I think I am the "Favorite Auntie!" again...you really can brainwash kids!  Sorry Robin, Dawn & Darcy!! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment