Thursday, September 3, 2009

Another Boote Cowboy...


We had another ultrasound today and found out that we are having another BOY!! We will have two boys to carry on the Boote name. I would not have been surprised if they would have told us that we were having another girl as my sister and brother both have two girls and a boy and the Boote family has 11 girls and 4 boys (only two with the Boote name, Dallas and Jory) SOOOO...the odds were against a boy BUT it is indeed a boy!! Jory and Jade are both elated...especially Jory...Jade has kept saying it didn't matter to her...Jory on the other hand was adamate that it HAD TO BE A BOY!! Boy or Girl Alan and I just wanted to hear healthy and indeed thus far things look excellent and for that we feel blessed!

I can't tell you how many times people have asked me, "Was this pregnancy a surprise?"...my answer Absolutely Not! Alan and I had decided that we had one of each, they were both healthy and life was great, however, we had always "planned" to have 3...things seemed "easy" with two but in the back of our minds we knew that one day we may regret this. So, I actually "confirmed" this pregnancy the day of one of my very good friends, Bobbi Fortier-Talmadge's funeral. Bobbi was 38 years young, had 3 great kids and passed away from cancer after a courageous battle. At the funeral the priest talked about how Bobbi lived EACH DAY with NO REGRETS and that she had lived a full life in her short 38 years. She had traveled many places, did things at the spur of a moment, had MANY friends and was a friend to MANY, cheered her kids on in their sports activities and just plain LOVED LIFE! He reminded us that we all need to remember to live each day with no regrets! WOW, I thought as the tears streamed down my face...I think he is talking directly to me! So, Bob, this is one regret I won't have in my life!! I miss you lots!!!

3 comments:

  1. Congratulations, Nicki and Alan! I'm so happy for you. I remember when I was pregnant with Lynnae; I was 31, and Mike's grandmother asked me, "HOW old are you?" I just laughed.......31 is YOUNG now to have a baby. I think she thought if you were over 21, you should have already had all your kids! Am glad everything is going well, life is good, and you are happy! You are right....there should be no regrets. Denise Leapaldt

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! Glad to hear everything looks good. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations! We are all so very happy for the Boote family! It looks like our boys won't be far apart in age. I look forward to the day when they meet :) Hope that you're feeling well. Take care.

    ReplyDelete