Friday, August 13, 2010

Dakota Youth Rodeo Series Finals

We finished up the Dakota Youth Rodeo Series last weekend with the finals in Sheyenne.  Here is a picture of the kids with their loot! 

Jory won the Year End in the Goat Tying and Calf Riding and received buckles for each event, he won Reserve in the Poles and Barrels and received 2 very nice halters and won 3rd in the breakaway roping and won a new rope.  Then, to top it all off he won the Year End All Around!  For this he won a leather tooled rope can that he gets to design himself!  Lucky kid!!  I teased him that since he had one a rope can the day before maybe mom could get one...he told me no...I have enough ropes to fill both cans!!  LOL

Jade won the Year End in the Barrel Racing and received a buckle, 4th in the Goat Tying and won a new goat string and 2nd in the Keyhole and won a hay bag!  


Thanks to all the great people who put on these Youth Rodeos!  Also, to Jeff and Jona Kvamme for sponsoring all of the buckles!!  THANK YOU!!

My nieces, Dawsyn and Cedar and nephew, Bridger, along with Jade and Jory and everyone's year end winnings!  Good Job guys!!

1 comment:

  1. What amazingly talented kids! I'm glad I got to see Jade run barrels for the first time even if it wasn't in competition. Do you remember when Grandma Boote & I were there for the rodeo in Pembina? :o)

    ReplyDelete